There are two cities named Hyderabad. One is from India, and the other is from Sindh, Pakistan. Although these two cities belong to two different countries, their foods are much similar. However, many dishes are named after these two cities like Hyderabadi Biryani, Hyderabadi Pulao, Hyderabadi Chai, Hyderabadi Chicken Karahi, etc. Hyderabadi cuisine is the most famous; therefore, Hyderabadi chicken masala is one of such favourite dishes. Hyderabadi Chicken Masala Karahi is a spicy and delicious chicken dish for all chicken lovers.
Hyderabadi Chicken recipe is so aromatic that you cannot resist having it. My recipe for Hyderabadi chicken masala is simple and easy to cook.
Hyderabadi Chicken Masala Karahi Taste:
All the Hyderabadi dishes have their unique flavour and taste. In the same way, Hyderabadi Chicken Masala karahi is very yummy. The method of making this dish is also very unique from other karahi types. For example, the rich onion paste and masala powder give an extra level to its taste.
Recipe of Masala Karahi:
As far as its recipe is concerned, it’s elementary and straightforward to make, including three different stages. Stage one is to make onion paste, the second is to make masala powder, and the last is to marinate and cook. I’m going to give you its step-by-step instructions with its ingredients list. Before going to its recipe, I would like to mention some of its significant ingredients and tips.
Onions: Take three medium-size onions, do not take red onions because it is a little bit sweet after cooking. And that will make your Karahi taste sweet.
For Masala Powder: With the below ingredients for masala powder, take Dried Red chillies. I suggest you use homemade dried chillies or Take Shan dry red chilli powder.
Skinless Chicken: Marinate skinless chicken in turmeric powder, masala powder, yoghurt and red chilli powder.
Click Here To Buy The Best Karahi Masalas
Hyderabadi Chicken Masala Recipe
this recipe of Hyderabadi chicken masala karahi is very unique and easy made. For the best aroma, you should follow the given step by step instructions. All you need to cook this amazing karahi is also mentioned in this recipe card. Make this recipe at your home and give your beloved one an amazing piece of aromatic memory!
- To make the onion paste:
- 3 onion
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 10 garlic cloves
- To make the masala powder:
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp coriander seeds
- 4 red chilli (Dried)
- To marinate chicken:
- One kg chicken
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp chicken masala powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 green chillies
- ½ cup oil
- 4 cloves
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 green cardamom
- Other ingredients:
- Saffron milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Step 1 For masala powder, dry coriander, cumin seeds, and red chillies
- Step 2 Dry on low flame until aromatic
- Step 3 After, transfer into plate, let cool it down
- Step 4 Grind it without adding water
- Step 5 To make onion paste, heat oil in pan
- Step 6 Fry onion until it become brownish
- Step 7 Add ginger garlic paste and fry until onions are golden brown
- Step 8 Drain off the excess oil
- Step 9 Let in cool down completely
- Step 10 Grind it without adding water
- Step 11 For marinate chicken
- Step 12 In a bowl, take chicken pieces, onion, curd, ginger-garlic paste, masala powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chopped coriander leaves, oil, whole spices and salt to taste.
- Step 13 Mix it well
- Step 14 Cover and keep it aside for at least 2 hours
- Step 15 Making Hyderabadi chicken masala, heat a pan
- Step 16 add marinated chicken and cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes on medium heat
- Step 17 then cover and cook for five minutes
- Step 18 add the saffron milk and mix
- Step 19 cover and cook for 20 minutes after adding lemon juice and 1 cup of water
- Step 20 check, whether the chicken is cooked or not
- Step 21 switch off the flame
- Step 22 your Hyderabadi chicken masala is ready
- Step 23 you can serve it with Chapati and Naan