Peshawari Tikka Karahi is also known as ‘Charsi’ Tikka Karahi. Peshawari Tikka Karahi can be made with original oil or vegetables’ oil. This can be made with beef and other eatable meats. However, Peshawari karahi name after North West city Peshawar of Pakistan. Therefore, It is one of Pakistan’s most famous and delightful meals.
How Peshawari Tikka Karahi is Different from Other Karahis:
Charsi Tikka karahi is one of the famous and delicious karahis of Charsi chicken. Its cooking procedure may be the same as chicken tikka chilli fry, but its taste and flavour are unique and loveable. However, another uniqueness of this Charsi karahi is that it can be cooked with any eatable meat. Thus, it may be mutton tikka karahi or may be the beef charsi tikka karahi. Its popularity among desi food lovers causes us to include the Charsi tikka recipe in our Pakistani food box.
Tikka Karahi Recipe:
Charsi chicken, especially Peshawari Charsi chicken, is a delightful and famous dish among Pakistani people. Peshawari tikka karahi is one of the Charsi chicken recipes. Tikka karahi is cooked in different steps. As I have mentioned above, one step is for tikka, and another one is for karahi gravy. Therefore, gently add chicken pieces to a bowl and mix yoghurt, tikka masala, and other ingredients for tikka preparation. After mixing, marinate the chicken pieces into a refrigerator at least for one hour. After one hour, take a karahi, put the marinated chicken to it, cover it with a lid, and cook for five minutes on high heat. Then, use medium to low flame and cook for 15 minutes with a lid.
Lastly, give dhoni of preheated coal and sprinkle some oil on it. When your tikka is ready, prepare your karahi gravy. For that, follow all the above instructions in the same manner as you did while you were preparing tikka. In the last step, mix your tikka Boti into karahi gravy and cook for 2-3 minutes with a lid. Your Peshawari tikka karahi is ready.
Peshawari Tikka Karahi Recipe:
Peshawari Tikka Karahi Recipe is very popular in Pakistani cuisine. This is a common delicacy and is widely included in every celebration. Following is the easy made and detailed recipe of tikka karahi. It is an authentic recipe, and its taste is loveable.
- ½ kg chicken
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Tikka masala
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tandoori colour
- 1 coal for smoke
- Gravy ingredients: 4 chopped tomatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ cup oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp gram masala powder
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 1 tsp chopped green coriander
- Step 1 Instructions for Tikka: Take a bowl and add yoghurt, tikka masala, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, tandoori colour and mix gently and then ½ kg chicken and marinate it for one hour in the refrigerator.
- Step 2 After one hour, take a karahi, put the marinated chicken to it, cover it with a lid, and cook for five minutes on high heat. After that, use medium to low flame and cook for 15 minutes with a lid.
- Step 3 Then, turn off the flame, remove the lid, and stir it. After that, place a foil and preheated coal, drop some oil on it, and cover with a lid for two minutes. Your tikka is ready.
- Step 4 Instructions for gravy: Place a karahi on flame and add oil and onion into it and fry until it becomes light brownish. Add garlic ginger paste and fry it slightly.
- Step 5 Add tomatoes and fry, then add red chilli powder, salt and ½ cup of water and fry it and cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Step 6 After removing the lid, cook it for 2 minutes more on high flame. Then, add chicken tikka and 1 cup of water, cover it again, and cook for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Step 7 After that, remove the cover and add garam masala, Kasuri methi, chopped ginger, green coriander, and chopped green chilli and stir on high flame for 1 minute.